Although it has not been confirmed that eating certain foods and drinks affects the appearance of acne, certain avoidance of some will have beneficial effects on the overall physical condition and hence on the skin.
What is harmful?
Among the foods that certainly do not help the problem skin are:
- Packaged desserts (cakes, chocolate bars, biscuits, etc.). The problem is not in the sweets themselves, but most often in the combination of dough + sugar + fat. We do not have to entirely deprive ourselves of something small and sweet, as long as it is really small and real (dark chocolate, honey).
- Food substances that cause rise in blood sugar further stimulate sebum secretion and cause an increase in the inflammation process.
- Greasy (fast food, fried foods, mayonnaise, etc.). It is recommended for the fats we take to be mainly contained in meat and vegetable products. They are completely sufficient for the body to function normally.
- Drinks with added sugar (sweet soft drinks and cocktails with liqueurs).
- Salt – the sodium in it holds the water in the body, thus disturbing its hydrobalance.
The body exudes the toxins accumulated in the body through the surface of the skin. If we put in the stomach less toxins and artificial elements with the food, this will certainly be beneficial and will have a good effect on the overall process of getting rid of acne.
What is useful?
- Water! Drink plenty of water, at least 1.5 l a day. It removes toxins from the body more easily and quickly, and the skin gets hydrated, which has a beneficial effect on it and refreshes it.
- Fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins, fibers and prebiotics. The skin needs a great deal of antioxidants to keep hormones in balance and reduce inflammation. The easiest way to get them is with fresh fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins A, E, C and D.
- Fish products contain very important omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon, trout, and even the ordinary mackerel are healthy, tasty and the elements in them help the process of cell renewal.